Re: Wanted: used digital receiver

"Rocky T. Squirrel" <gafa_usa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Lvmdna-bv_P241LKnZ2dnUU7-fnNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Had a small town fire dept. contact us to try and help them find a used
> old school (3+1)  digital alarm receiver.
>
> They had an old Sur-Guard I,  I think..
> No printer, only one line.  formatting it seems is 3+1 slow..
> (about as basic as it gets)
>
> Seems their monitoring all the Vol. FD's in their county and a few
> others...
>
> My guess, cost would be the main issue..
>
> Any leads would be appreciated...
>

> RTS....

3+1 is slow.  All the pulse formats are slow.  I went to tone formats a long
time ago to reduce long distance costs, but any time I had issues I switched
those accounts back to pulse format or set their back reporting as pulse
format.  For some reason it just seems more reliable.  EVEN on VOIP lines.
Had some panels also that would not take proper kissof tones for no good
reason when in tone formats like CID.  Switched those back to pulse and they
worked fine.

Anyway.  Pulse formats are slow.