Re: NX unlocker

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 12:23:43 PM UTC-6, Jim wrote:
> On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:17:01 AM UTC-5, E DAWSON wrote:
> > "Jim" wrote in message=20
> > >
> > > I just sent them an E-mail asking how they will respond when someone =
uses=20
> > > their product to burglarize, a home or business, set fire or cause bo=
dily=20
> > > harm to someone.
> > >
> > > I don't expect an answer.
> >=20
> > No, unless you can find a way to use a laptop with download software an=
d a=20
> > direct connect NX-586 magically, it will not happen.
> >=20
> > The direct connect means just that, it must be directly connected to th=
e=20
> > existing board.
> > Unless you are an extremely smart but dense burglar, you would not brea=
k=20
> > into someone's house or business just so that you could connect a lapto=
> > with a direct connect so that you can get into their programming.
>=20
> Well obviously someone is not going to break into a premise and try to at=
tach a computer to an alarm panel but, what about the employee who has acce=
ss to his companies alarm panel and can change or view programming so that =
a burglary can occur at a later time. Or if you are some kind of residentia=
l or business service provider who has access to an alarm panel during time=
s the owner isn't around .......  And ..... as previously mentioned, once g=
aining access to another alarm companies equipment, now their pass codes fo=
r other installations are readily available for take overs or for creating =
programming errors in alarm panels of competitors to make them libel for ma=
lfunctions. How many people do you know who .... if they had access and the=
 means and opportunity of changing programming of a competitor .... would d=
o it? I know a few.=20
>=20
> Or how about this  ...... anyone having access to a panel for just a few =
minutes and just by beginning an upload from a panel and disconnecting befo=
re it's completed could totally screw up a panel so that it couldn't even b=
e defaulted and would require the panel to be replaced by a competitor. And=
 no one would know why the panel failed.=20

Never heard of a panel screwing up on a failed upload from the panel

> How many times has the oil burner repair man or plumber or any contractor=
 had unsupervised access to your home or business?=20
>=20
> I'd love to see a company like this be sued right out of existence and pr=
ison terms meted out because someone was injured or murdered because their =
product was used.

Unless they used some GE/Interlogix proprietary software not going to happe=
n, besides unlocker software has been around several years now and I've yet=
 to hear someone getting murdered over it