Re: FBII RM Keypads

On 8/1/2016 7:03 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Well when I started  Ademco  1000 & 1004  were all the rage..   LOL
>>> then moved up to the big stuff,  342R then the 4080 4080-12 and the
>>> cream panel  the 4080-12 black face..   LOL
>>> But along came Wade with his Moose line.  sturdy stuff..  MPI-25,
>>> MPI-50, the 330's 775's 725 expanded, the Z700's Z900's,  Z-1100's the
>>> E's and MPI-880's..
>>> When he sold out,  we started with the "Summit" stuff from Israel.
>>> But they had a lot of problems working in the American standards, 60
>>> hzs, and the phone currents & tones..   they kept having problems with
>>> their clocks, data streams, line current fuses on their phones
>>> dialer's..
>>> Did a few Adcor  6000 & 8000's along the way..
>>> a few DSC 1520, 1550's  but never caught on with our customers..
>>> Then the FBII's,  XL's 2T's 2P's, 31's a few 4's & 5's..
>>> probably got a few hundred  still out there..
>>> and now doing the Vista's 10's 15's and a bunch of 20P's
>>> Not counting all the Firelite and Silent Knight fire panels..
>>>
>>> and like Bob  I been trying to retire for the last few years,  but all
>>> these new kids who want to be installers, tend to change their minds
>>> when the work load gets a little hairy..
>>> 18 months seems to be the average length of time they stick around..
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> and the new boss kid, well he just doesn't have the gray matter for
>>> those old systems and all their little oddities ..    ROFL....
>>>
>>> RTS
>>
>> Cripes Rocky, You could have made that a lot shorter by tell us what
>> panels you didn't use.
>>
>> About new kids .... I pretty much work alone now but every once in
>> awhile I need someone to help snake and as a go-fer. I've got this kid
>> (well, he's actually about 26 years old) with no experience and the
>> other day I told him to carry the extension ladder around the other
>> side of the house and set it up so I could adjust the camera.
>> When I get there, the ladder is leaning up against the house but about
>> 5 feet short of the camera. So I told him to extend the ladder.
>>
>> Are you ready ????
>>
>> He didn't know how to do it. AND ..... couldn't figure it out.
>>
>> I'm guessing that there isn't a video game that shows you how to
>> extend a ladder.
>>
>> After that, I'm pulling a new wire down from the attic with a draw
>> string I left in the wall during pre-construction. It's tied to a pipe
>> in the attic and sticking out of the wall in the equipment closet on
>> the floor below. I pull the string up just far enough to tie the new
>> wire on and tell him to listen in case we have to see-saw the wire to
>> get it through the hole in the wall. I go down to the closet, pull the
>> wire through the hole pretty easy. I untie it and shout up "OK, I got
>> it" and he pulls the whole string back up to the attic.
>>
>> ARGGGGGh!    Man ...... I was never that young.
>>

> All this reminiscing is bringing a tear to my eye.
> [...]
LOL   reminds me of the time the SGT (60's-70's)  asked (LOL) me to make
the office coffee..  Well I'd never made coffee before  but the the
equipment looked simple enough..  filled the 28 gallon tank full, added
the can of coffee to the hopper and turned it on..  (oh  did I forget to
mention I filled the tank full of HOT water..)  Well you guessed it the
SGT wasn't happy..  seems the HOT water didn't start the brew cycle..
Coffee tasted kind-a weak..   LOL
Silver lining though,  I was never asked to make coffee again for the
next 5 years..  ROFL.....

RTS