Re: FBII RM Keypads

On 7/31/2016 11:58 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:50:39 PM UTC-4, Rocky T. Squirrel wrote:
>>> I've been with Napco since the beginning. I've experimented with a few others along the way (FBI, DSC ) but since I started with the Napco programming (which was considered difficult  (and may still be by some)) I was able to evolve along with the newer panels. I like the over the top options in the programming and automation allowing me to be able to do what ever the customer wanted and since I knew how to program the Napco way ....  the programming of other panels was a cinch.
>>>
>>> This message is just for Rocky and Les because we all know that Bob is ....... well ...... you know.
>>>

>> Well when I started  Ademco  1000 & 1004  were all the rage..   LOL
>> then moved up to the big stuff,  342R then the 4080 4080-12 and the
>> cream panel  the 4080-12 black face..   LOL
>> But along came Wade with his Moose line.  sturdy stuff..  MPI-25,
>> MPI-50, the 330's 775's 725 expanded, the Z700's Z900's,  Z-1100's the
>> E's and MPI-880's..
>> When he sold out,  we started with the "Summit" stuff from Israel.
>> But they had a lot of problems working in the American standards, 60
>> hzs, and the phone currents & tones..   they kept having problems with
>> their clocks, data streams, line current fuses on their phones dialer's..
>> Did a few Adcor  6000 & 8000's along the way..
>> a few DSC 1520, 1550's  but never caught on with our customers..
>> Then the FBII's,  XL's 2T's 2P's, 31's a few 4's & 5's..
>> probably got a few hundred  still out there..
>> and now doing the Vista's 10's 15's and a bunch of 20P's
>> Not counting all the Firelite and Silent Knight fire panels..
>>
>> and like Bob  I been trying to retire for the last few years,  but all
>> these new kids who want to be installers, tend to change their minds
>> when the work load gets a little hairy..
>> 18 months seems to be the average length of time they stick around..
>> LOL
>>
>> and the new boss kid, well he just doesn't have the gray matter for
>> those old systems and all their little oddities ..    ROFL....
>>
>> RTS
>
> Cripes Rocky, You could have made that a lot shorter by tell us what panels you didn't use.
>
> About new kids .... I pretty much work alone now but every once in awhile I need someone to help snake and as a go-fer. I've got this kid (well, he's actually about 26 years old) with no experience and the other day I told him to carry the extension ladder around the other side of the house and set it up so I could adjust the camera.
> When I get there, the ladder is leaning up against the house but about 5 feet short of the camera. So I told him to extend the ladder.
>
> Are you ready ????
>
> He didn't know how to do it. AND ..... couldn't figure it out.
>
> I'm guessing that there isn't a video game that shows you how to extend a ladder.

> [...]

All this reminiscing is bringing a tear to my eye.
Been there done that.  But I won't bore you guys with the details. :-)

I realize I must have been green once................??   Really just don't
remember for some reason.  Kinda think that when my egg was cracked
I was the go to guy to figure it out.

Well, I do remember being told to clean and mop the restroom floors at the
Howard Johnson's that I was working.  So, wanting to do good job on the
floor
I put about 3 gallons of water in the mop bucket along with a bottle of
Clorox and a bottle of Ammonia.  WOW!!!  Almost had to evacuate the
restaurant.
Good thing it was a metal bucket, today's plastic would have melted away.
Well, you should have seen those grout lines!!  They got REAL WHITE!!
LOL

Les