Re: FBII RM Keypads

On 7/31/2016 4:01 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 8:02:56 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>

>> I personally stuck with the NX product line after Sentrol, GE and then
>> UTC by out.  I evaluated all the others and the NX fit my brain better
>> than the others.  I have some in doing some cool things beyond security.
>>   Could not have done with out the NX320E supervised remote power supplies.
>>
>> There are some quirky things that all panels have in one way or another.
>>
>> There are some improvements I would like made (have suggested -- fell on
>> deaf ears) to make it better for the tech.
>>
>> But, then you don't really care because you are getting out.  :-)
>>
>> Les
>
> I've been with Napco since the beginning. I've experimented with a few others along the way (FBI, DSC ) but since I started with the Napco programming (which was considered difficult  (and may still be by some)) I was able to evolve along with the newer panels. I like the over the top options in the programming and automation allowing me to be able to do what ever the customer wanted and since I knew how to program the Napco way ....  the programming of other panels was a cinch.
>
> This message is just for Rocky and Les because we all know that Bob is ....... well ...... you know.

Well when I started  Ademco  1000 & 1004  were all the rage..   LOL
then moved up to the big stuff,  342R then the 4080 4080-12 and the
cream panel  the 4080-12 black face..   LOL
But along came Wade with his Moose line.  sturdy stuff..  MPI-25,
MPI-50, the 330's 775's 725 expanded, the Z700's Z900's,  Z-1100's the
E's and MPI-880's..
When he sold out,  we started with the "Summit" stuff from Israel.
But they had a lot of problems working in the American standards, 60
hzs, and the phone currents & tones..   they kept having problems with
their clocks, data streams, line current fuses on their phones dialer's..
Did a few Adcor  6000 & 8000's along the way..
a few DSC 1520, 1550's  but never caught on with our customers..
Then the FBII's,  XL's 2T's 2P's, 31's a few 4's & 5's..
probably got a few hundred  still out there..
and now doing the Vista's 10's 15's and a bunch of 20P's
Not counting all the Firelite and Silent Knight fire panels..

and like Bob  I been trying to retire for the last few years,  but all
these new kids who want to be installers, tend to change their minds
when the work load gets a little hairy..
18 months seems to be the average length of time they stick around..
LOL

and the new boss kid, well he just doesn't have the gray matter for
those old systems and all their little oddities ..    ROFL....

RTS