Re: AZROC - Not My Favorite Agency

------=_NextPart_000_0076_01D09FC1.09CE3D80

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
news:mktam5$2sll$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 6/5/2015 6:07 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Well, as you recall I posted about all the complicated license =
changes
>> here in Arizona a while back.  Well, my licenses renew the end of the
>> month and its time to deal with that headache.  I have a commercial =
and
>> a residential license.  Well technically I have two combination
>> residential AND commercial licenses now for the exact same thing.  =
First
>> I have to send in a separate form to cancel one of my licenses.  I =
can't
>> just send in both forms with cancel scrawled across one.  If I did =
that
>> they would cancel my license in bad standing, and then cancel my =
other
>> license because I have a canceled license.  I'm not kidding.  I was =
told
>> that almost verbatim.
>>
>> You would think that would save me some money though.  On paper it =
looks
>> like it would, but it doesn't really.  They increased the bond amount
>> for residential, and because it's a combination license they combine =
the
>> bond amounts for both commercial and residential.  It makes for a =
HUGE
>> increase in bond amounts.  As a result my fee for bond insurance =
costs
>> more now for one year for one license than it did for both license =
bonds
>> previously for three years.
>>
>> Of course I still have to pay the mandated by law bribe to the =
AZROC's
>> beer and bowling fund... er I mean contribution to the contractor
>> recovery fund. In over 20 years I have never had a license complaint,
>> and only two BBB complaints (both from people who in their own words =
(I
>> read their complaints) just didn't want to pay what they owed), and
>> still have to pay that F_____G bribe every time I renew my licenses.
>> That's just not right.
>>
>> Sorry guys.  I just had to vent for a minute.
>>
>> You know my tax license that I never had to renew?  That one shining
>> beacon in the darkness.  Starting this year I have to pay a fee to =
renew
>> it every year.  It's the freaking license that allows me to collect
>> sales taxes so I can pay them to the state or they will throw my ass =
in
>> jail.  I have to pay for the priviledge of paying them.
>>
>> Arizona is starting to feel more and more like Kalfornicastan.
>>
>=20
> This is just the beginning...In my area, 85 percent of the small =
dealers=20
> either died, went bankrupt, sold out, or like me moved on to more=20
> profitable ventures.

Well, I have been doing a fair job of turning big pieces of metal into =
smaller pieces of metal.  It even makes a little money.  I've got a new =
machine arriving next week, and I just started retrofitting a machine =
that I think has some potential.  I considered machine building for a =
while, but I really want to minimize my time spent on giving out tech =
support to intelligent "m____s."  I'll stick with custom one off =
machining I think.  Besides it falls in with my belief that mining, =
manufacturing, and farming are the corner stones of a strong economy.  =
Everybody else is a service industry.  I get to build stuff, stimulate =
the economy at the foundation, and sometimes I'll even get paid for it.  =
LOL. =20

I will still have to pay for that stupid tax license, but I won't have =
to put anything other than zeros on my monthly report most of the time.  =
Most of my stuff ships out of state, and a fair amount goes out of the =
country.   =20

In the mean time I just paid for that over priced bond for two years.  I =
would have renewed my license today and cancelled the other one, but the =
state will not accept faxed, photocopied, or emailed copies of bond =
certificates.  I have to wait for the original to arrive in the mail so =
I can send them the original in the mail with my renewal.  BUT!  BUT!  =
BUT!  They made all these changes to make things simpler.  Sigh!

Atleast I can file and pay my sales taxes on-line. =20

Now I'll have to start modifying all my letter head, invoices, =
contracts, and advertising material, so they don't hit me for using a =
false or cancelled license number when I cancel the second license.  =
LOL. =20

--=20
--
Bob La Londe
The Security Consultant

*******************************
*******************************
Side Business:
CNC Molds N Stuff
www.cncmolds.com
=20
Day Job: =20
The Security Consultant
www.yumaalarm.com
=20
Hobbies:
Honesty in Airguns
www.allairgunners.com
=20
Fishing Arizona and the Colorado River
www.YumaBassMan.com
******************************
******************************

> --=20
> Jim Rojas
> Technical Manuals Online!
> http://www.tech-man.com
> 8002 Cornwall Lane
> Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> 813-884-6335
> 813-440-6653 Fax
> Email: jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> AOL: rojas813
> MSN: jimrojas@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Yahoo: jimrojas
> ICQ: 20116219
> GoogleTalk: Rojas813@xxxxxxxxx
>=20
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@xxxxxxxxxxxx ---
------=_NextPart_000_0076_01D09FC1.09CE3D80

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dunicode" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">"Jim Rojas" &lt;jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; =
wrote in=20
message news:mktam5$2sll$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>&gt; On 6/5/2015 =
6:07 PM,=20
Bob La Londe wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt; Well, as you recall I posted about all =
the=20
complicated license changes<BR>&gt;&gt; here in Arizona a while =
back.&nbsp;=20
Well, my licenses renew the end of the<BR>&gt;&gt; month and its time to =
deal=20
with that headache.&nbsp; I have a commercial and<BR>&gt;&gt; a =
residential=20
license.&nbsp; Well technically I have two combination<BR>&gt;&gt; =
residential=20
AND commercial licenses now for the exact same thing.&nbsp; =
First<BR>&gt;&gt; I=20
have to send in a separate form to cancel one of my licenses.&nbsp; I=20
can't<BR>&gt;&gt; just send in both forms with cancel scrawled across =
one.&nbsp;=20
If I did that<BR>&gt;&gt; they would cancel my license in bad standing, =
and then=20
cancel my other<BR>&gt;&gt; license because I have a canceled =
license.&nbsp; I'm=20
not kidding.&nbsp; I was told<BR>&gt;&gt; that almost=20
verbatim.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; You would think that would save me =
some money=20
though.&nbsp; On paper it looks<BR>&gt;&gt; like it would, but it =
doesn't=20
really.&nbsp; They increased the bond amount<BR>&gt;&gt; for =
residential, and=20
because it's a combination license they combine the<BR>&gt;&gt; bond =
amounts for=20
both commercial and residential.&nbsp; It makes for a HUGE<BR>&gt;&gt; =
increase=20
in bond amounts.&nbsp; As a result my fee for bond insurance =
costs<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
more now for one year for one license than it did for both license=20
bonds<BR>&gt;&gt; previously for three years.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Of =
course=20
I still have to pay the mandated by law bribe to the AZROC's<BR>&gt;&gt; =
beer=20
and bowling fund... er I mean contribution to the contractor<BR>&gt;&gt; =

recovery fund. In over 20 years I have never had a license=20
complaint,<BR>&gt;&gt; and only two BBB complaints (both from people who =
in=20
their own words (I<BR>&gt;&gt; read their complaints) just didn't want =
to pay=20
what they owed), and<BR>&gt;&gt; still have to pay that F_____G bribe =
every time=20
I renew my licenses.<BR>&gt;&gt; That's just not =
right.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
Sorry guys.&nbsp; I just had to vent for a =
minute.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; You=20
know my tax license that I never had to renew?&nbsp; That one=20
shining<BR>&gt;&gt; beacon in the darkness.&nbsp; Starting this year I =
have to=20
pay a fee to renew<BR>&gt;&gt; it every year.&nbsp; It's the freaking =
license=20
that allows me to collect<BR>&gt;&gt; sales taxes so I can pay them to =
the state=20
or they will throw my ass in<BR>&gt;&gt; jail.&nbsp; I have to pay for =
the=20
priviledge of paying them.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Arizona is starting =
to feel=20
more and more like Kalfornicastan.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; This is =
just the=20
beginning...In my area, 85 percent of the small dealers <BR>&gt; either =
died,=20
went bankrupt, sold out, or like me moved on to more <BR>&gt; profitable =

ventures.<BR><BR>Well, I have been doing a fair job of turning big =
pieces of=20
metal into smaller pieces of metal.&nbsp; It even makes a little =
money.&nbsp;=20
I've got a new machine arriving next week, and I just started =
retrofitting a=20
machine that I think has some potential.&nbsp; I considered machine =
building for=20
a while, but I really want to minimize my time spent on giving out tech =
support=20
to intelligent "m____s."&nbsp; I'll stick with custom one off machining =
I=20
think.&nbsp; Besides it falls in with my belief that mining, =
manufacturing, and=20
farming are the corner stones of a strong economy.&nbsp; Everybody else =
is a=20
service industry.&nbsp; I get to build stuff, stimulate the economy at =
the=20
foundation, and sometimes I'll even get paid for it.&nbsp; LOL.&nbsp; =
<BR><BR>I=20
will still have to pay for that stupid tax license, but I won't have to =
put=20
anything other than zeros on my monthly report most of the time.&nbsp; =
Most of=20
my stuff ships out of state, and a fair amount goes out of the=20
country.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR><BR>In the mean time I just paid for that =
over=20
priced bond for two years.&nbsp; I would have renewed my license today =
and=20
cancelled the other one, but the state will not accept faxed, =
photocopied, or=20
emailed copies of bond certificates.&nbsp; I have to wait for the =
original to=20
arrive in the mail so I can send them the original in the mail with my=20
renewal.&nbsp; BUT!&nbsp; BUT!&nbsp; BUT!&nbsp; They made all these =
changes to=20
make things simpler.&nbsp; Sigh!<BR><BR>Atleast I can file and pay my =
sales=20
taxes on-line.&nbsp; <BR><BR>Now I'll have to start modifying all my =
letter=20
head, invoices, contracts, and advertising material, so they don't hit =
me for=20
using a false or cancelled license number when I cancel the second=20
license.&nbsp; LOL.&nbsp; <BR><BR>-- <BR>--<BR>Bob La Londe<BR>The =
Security=20
Consultant<BR>Licenses ROC103044 &amp; <FONT=20
size=3D1><EM>ROC103047<BR></EM></FONT><BR>*******************************=
<BR>*******************************<BR>Side=20
Business:<BR>CNC Molds N Stuff<BR>www.cncmolds.com<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Day =
Job:&nbsp;=20
<BR>The Security=20
Consultant<BR>www.yumaalarm.com<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Hobbies:<BR>Honesty in=20
Airguns<BR>www.allairgunners.com<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Fishing Arizona and the =
Colorado=20
River<BR>www.YumaBassMan.com<BR>******************************<BR>*******=
***********************<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt;=20
-- <BR>&gt; Jim Rojas<BR>&gt; Technical Manuals Online!<BR>&gt;=20
http://www.tech-man.com<BR>&gt; 8002 Cornwall Lane<BR>&gt; Tampa, FL=20
33615-4604<BR>&gt; 813-884-6335<BR>&gt; 813-440-6653 Fax<BR>&gt; Email:=20
jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>&gt; AOL: rojas813<BR>&gt; MSN:=20
jimrojas@xxxxxxxxxxx<BR>&gt; Yahoo: jimrojas<BR>&gt; ICQ: =
20116219<BR>&gt;=20
GoogleTalk: Rojas813@xxxxxxxxx<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ---=20