Re: Envisalink monitoring satisfaction?

On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:24:44 PM UTC-5, Starpilot wrote:
> I am considering Envisalink monitoring. =20
> They are reasonably priced, UL certified and appear to be a viable option=
.
> Has anyone used them or heard of someone who has?  And would you recommen=
d them?
>=20
> Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes, we use this device for DSC panels in our business, although to use the=
m with other than the designated monitoring station, they must be unlocked =
by paying EyeON an unlocking fee. If you do use this device, make sure your=
 router/modem is a quality product, and that you buy a separate UPS for the=
 modem and router. Note that these cannot be used with the newer DSC NEO se=
ries panels; DSC has encrypted the keybus in a typical self serving fashion=
 to keep third party applications from being useable with this line of pane=
ls[I hope they learn they cant be doing this kind of selfish, self serving =
thing if they ever plan to be part of the Internet of Things in the future.=
...]. This is being done to force installing companies to give up some of t=
he RMR that normally would go to the end dealer....]although I'm sure they =
have some other excuse.

Bottom line, it's a good device, but difficult for an end user to set up pr=
operly without a measure of experience with it....