Re: Caddx NX8E

"G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5il5ta1df7vdaktdi257s15be2h9l66ad6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>E DAWSON Wrote:
>
>>If you change out the board to a NX8v2 board, you can use an IPDatatel Ip
>>card which will translate into more funds into your pocket because they
>>cost
>>less for the monthly service and the parts, than alarm.com. Also, if you
>>want cellular, they also have a unit using the Verizon cellular network.
>>This cellular unit has dual communication using the internet also. It uses
>>the internet first, if that is not available or it is down, it switches to
>>cellular. If the customer also has a phone line, this means that he will
>>have triple redundancy for communicating to the central station. I know
>>because we use them to provide triple redundancy for GE, Networx, DSC, and
>>Honeywell.
>

> How are you doing the interface with Honeywell panels?

Hi,

On the Honeywell, you will be using GSM emulation. We never use Tip & Ring
to transmit. As per their instructions, you can use the cellular bat in use
for another communication device for Failover or for Dual Reporting.
Remember, their Cellular bat is already a dual path communicator, so for
triple redundancy, all that is left to do is the telco line. In the book
that comes with the Cellular bat, you enable 29 to have GSM on the
Honeywell. The rest of the programming is basically 42,43,49,54,55,65,66,
and 193. The specifics to these are in their instructions booklet whether
you desire Failover or Dual Reporting.

The triple redundancy is why we value IPdatatel and it all starts with their
dual path Internet/Cellular communicator.

Like I said before, they do not push GSM emulation. You do have to request
it by calling up tech support for each unit that you are putting online. It
takes them about 15 seconds to do that by the way. I believe that they are
reticent probably because of server space or something like that. If it
takes longer, it is probably a new tech who puts you on hold to ask their
colleagues, " What's GSM emulation".

Give them a try. It does not cost anything to set yourself up as a dealer.
Buy a unit of each type and do some thorough testing. We tested them for 8
months before we added any customers back in 2012.

Hope this answers your question.