Re: HIKVISION - Plug N Play - 4 Out of 9 Fail

On 8/10/2015 10:04 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> All HIK Vision Cameras.  All supposed to be Plug N Play.
>>
>> The NVR would see the cameras.  They would be shown below the list of
>> available preconfigured slots associated with the built in POE switch.
>>
>> I was able to get into the cameras using the SADP software or my web
>> browser.  I found the browser to be easier to activate and configure
>> the cameras.  No matter how I configured them from default to
>> artificially setting the same network configuration as the pre
>> configured ports it didn't connect up.  I tried all kinds of variations.
>>
>> I did finally get a response from HIK Vision.  They think that the
>> issue may be a new security password configuration and protocol in the
>> cameras and suggest that upgrading the firmware in the NVR may solve
>> the problem. I'll have a duplicate system on the bench tomorrow.  I
>> guess I'll spend part of my weekend testing it all out like I should
>> have before taking it to the field.
>>
>> The actual tech response when I finally received one was quite
>> comprehensive.  I'll see how it works out on the bench and go from
>> there. If they work ok I plan to use a couple of these as machine
>> monitors in the CNC shop as well.  I already winged it in the field
>> and made myself look incompetent to the customer.  LOL.  I'll be back
>> at their site on Monday (90 miles out of town) hopefully with all the
>> answers.
>
> Well, I updated the firmware on the NVR today, and it picked up all the
> newer firmware cameras right away.  I also finally installed the client
> software on one of the client's computers.  It's a little cludgy to use
> and figure out, but seems to be pretty powerful to use once you get past
> the fact that not everything is obvious.  I also ran across a note with
> one of the firmware packages (wrong one for this NVR) that said it would
> not work with cameras made in 2015.  Anyway, after the firmware upgrade
> everything was plug-n-play like it was supposed to be.

Bob,

Glad to hear you had success.

Did you try the Web interface for the NVR??

I have not installed the Client Software for the system I installed. It
seemed to be more than I needed. On the other hand maybe I should
install it to make a comparison............. when I have

I did find out that the iOS mobile app needs a large amount of free
memory to work properly. Basically more than I have in my phone. I can
get connected but getting all functions to work is slow at best.

Customer is always on site when the place is open so for him looking at
the store when it is closed does not do much for him.

Which model NVR and Cameras are you using?? I need to make notes.

Thanks!!

Les