Re: HIKVISION - Plug N Play - 4 Out of 9 Fail

On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 1:24:34 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I spent some time late yesterday playing with a HIK Vision NVR and some H=
IK=20
> Vision cameras.  At first it went very nicely.  The first cameras picked =
up=20
> fairly quickly, and the resolution of a the 3MP camera was very nice.  Th=
en=20
> I ran some wire and threw four more cameras on the system.  Of those only=
=20
> one picked up plug-n-play as it was supposed to.  In fact out nine still=
=20
> sealed NIB cameras four of them failed to be picked up properly.  The sys=
tem=20
> would see them, but not as PNP.  They all came up as .1.64.
>=20
> I set up a separate isolated network to make sure everything was clean.=
=20
> Defaulted the cameras, and reprogrammed them several different ways.  Wit=
h=20
> different IPs and gateway that made sense.  I tried them as DHCP as well.=
=20
> They would get an IP from the NVR, but not one that made any sense.  It=
=20
> still did not PNP.  Then I would unplug them from independent power and=
=20
> switch them over to the NVR.  The NVR would show them, but would not disp=
lay=20
> them or allow me to add them manually.
>=20
> It was getting late when I decided to shelve the project.  The only other=
=20
> thing I could think of was maybe to upgrade the firmware on the cameras.
>=20
> I would note that on my test network I was able to communicate with the=
=20
> cameras from my laptop, and I was able to view video from the cameras aft=
er=20
> installing the ActiveX plug-in on my browser.
>=20
> Any suggestions?
>=20
> Perhaps this is why ADI has them on special right now.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> --
> Bob La Londe

Hi Bob,

I set up only 3 cameras on the workbench and then had other work to do. The=
 customer is in no rush so I did some other more pressing work first. I'll =
be heading over to the job tomorrow to start wiring but it's a HUGE house. =
Has a 50 X 30 swimming pool inside attached to the house. I'm only working =
tomorrow and half day Friday and won't be back again until next week ... (m=
aybe) So it's going to be awhile before I can give you any feedback on my r=
esults. I've got to snake wires up outside insulated walls. (fun,fun,fun)=
=20

I'm also doing some TV and alarm system updating to .... so ......=20

I'll let you know the results when I get to the point of setting up the cam=
eras. Hope I fair better than you have so far.

Was it the same cameras and NVR that I got or different?

I was told by ADI that there is a local HIKvision tech support guy and gave=
 me a number to call when/if I had tech problems. We'll see how THAT works =
out too.

I tried to call the main tech support number to ask some preliminary questi=
ons about the cameras and was on hold for almost an hour and finally hung u=
p.

If it works the same way with the local guy .... it'll be the last time I u=
se their products... Can't handle that shit. By the time someone finally pi=
cks up I'm already ballistic and I obviously don't get any cooperation with=
 sarcasm in every question I ask.

I'll see what happens.=20