Re: HIKVISION - Plug N Play - 4 Out of 9 Fail

On 8/5/2015 10:05 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 8/5/2015 1:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> I spent some time late yesterday playing with a HIK Vision NVR and some
>> HIK Vision cameras.  At first it went very nicely.  The first cameras
>> picked up fairly quickly, and the resolution of a the 3MP camera was
>> very nice.  Then I ran some wire and threw four more cameras on the
>> system.  Of those only one picked up plug-n-play as it was supposed to.
>> In fact out nine still sealed NIB cameras four of them failed to be
>> picked up properly.  The system would see them, but not as PNP.  They
>> all came up as .1.64.
>>
>> I set up a separate isolated network to make sure everything was clean.
>> Defaulted the cameras, and reprogrammed them several different ways.
>> With different IPs and gateway that made sense.  I tried them as DHCP as
>> well. They would get an IP from the NVR, but not one that made any
>> sense.  It still did not PNP.  Then I would unplug them from independent
>> power and switch them over to the NVR.  The NVR would show them, but
>> would not display them or allow me to add them manually.
>>
>> It was getting late when I decided to shelve the project.  The only
>> other thing I could think of was maybe to upgrade the firmware on the
>> cameras.
>>
>> I would note that on my test network I was able to communicate with the
>> cameras from my laptop, and I was able to view video from the cameras
>> after installing the ActiveX plug-in on my browser.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Perhaps this is why ADI has them on special right now.
>>

> Bob, I only did one of these HikVision systems so I don't know if I can
> help much.
>
> You did not mention if these cameras were HikVision cameras or not??
>
> If not, then that could be some kind of issue.
>
> The only other thought would be to hook connect all cameras and then
> power up the NVR.  Or call tech support and hope you get lucky.
>
> Let me know what you find.  Very interested here.
>
> Les

Sorry, I missed the reading that you were using HikVision cameras as well.

As a point of how I started the system that I did.  First I did not have
time for any bench testing.  I just had to wing it in the field.

Ran all cabling, did all the terminations, hung all the cameras.
Connected all at NVR and powered up.  Took about 5 minutes and all
learned in as I was setting up other parts of the NVR.  Then the
customer wanted one more camera.  Returned in a couple of days and
installed.  Plugged it in and it popped up in about a minute.

Needless to say you have had a different experience.  Don't know the
firmware version number I was working on, but, I agree that would one
thing to look into.

Again let me know your progress.

Les