Maxsys PC4020 Problems

About a week ago Verizon announced they were changing our Fios phone service
from the current analog system to digital service.
At about 3AM the alarm went off startling my wife and I, but was most
upsetting was that our land line phone service was out leaving me to think
that someone may had
cut the phone line., also the keypad display didn't show any zone faults. I
checked the phone line coming into the house and everything was intact.
About 1/2 hour later the phones started working again, it wasn't until then
that I realized that was the date that Verizon had said they were going to do
the conversion
and it must have been something they did at the CO to set off the alarm.
In lieu of a monitoring service, I have the system set up to call our cell
phones and a family member around the corner. That night no one was called,
and since then
it doesn't call out when the alarm is tripped.
I checked the phone line at the alarm panel and there is a good dial tone, I
also tried reversing the tip & ring to see if that would work (some phone
devices can be
polarity sensitive).
I have monitored the phone line at the panel and tripped the alarm, there is
no attempt to dial anything.
On top of that, now my installers code doesn't work anymore (it was working
after the Fios fiasco)...I also tried the default code which doesn't work.
I'm about to try a hardware reset, but I'd like to know if anyone has any
ideas I can try before I do.
I installed this system myself and it has worked flawlessly for several years.
I'm not an installer, but I am an electrical engineer and have the Installer's
Manual.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.