Re: Alarm panel won't drive bell current

Change the batteries.=20
The batteries share the load of powering the bell/siren when the panel is i=
n the alarm condition. A dead battery has low resistance therefore the pane=
l transformer is trying to provide current for the panel, the keypads the m=
otion detectors the smoke detectors the almost shorted bad batteries and th=
e bell/siren. Batteries are to be changed every three to four years NOT nin=
e years. Likely your bell/siren hasn't been able to ring for a number of ye=
ars because you ignored the low battery signal.=20

Apparently, one of the other short comings of DMP panels is that it lets yo=
u ignore a failure of a vital supporting function. Other panels give you a =
constant warning until the batteries have been changed.=20