Re: 3¢ Per Pound

Jim Wrote:

>Just a note, I seem to remember that it is part of the "recycling law"(?) that anyone who sells new batteries is required by law to take back old batteries
>( even if you didn't by them there)

LOL...  About a year ago I was on a service call after hours without my
truck & tools.  It was a low battery (dead battery) in a UPS for a CCTV
system.  I went to Radio Shack right around the corner and got a new one
and asked them if they would recycle the old one.  The guy said no.  So I
set the old one on the counter and began talking about a nifty gadget on
display.  The guy was excited about a commission I guess because he went
into a 5 minute sales pitch.  As I gently said I might be back to buy the
gadget, I picked up the new battery and walked out leaving the old one on
the counter still.   <smile>

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin