3¢ Per Pound

In the past I've always had the vendor take care of my spent alarm
batteries.  No return, but no headache either.  The last couple years I have
not been able to do that so the pile is getting pretty big.  I stopped by a
local recycler and asked if they were interested in paying for them.  Yep.
3¢ per pound.  That won't pay for the fuel in my truck to take them over
there much less my time.  What got me was the guy was practically rubbing
his hands and chortling when he told me 3¢ per pound.  So how do the rest of
you guys get rid of your old batteries?

There used to be a guy who would pickup car batteries listed on Craigslist,
but I haven't seen him on for a while.  Still, figured it couldn't hurt to
post an add to unload them on Craigslist see if one of the scrappers would
be interested in them and would pickup.  Atleast if they pickup when they
pay next to nothing it won't cost me money to dispose of them.