Re: 3¢ Per Pound

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:lmvmlg$nlk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In the past I've always had the vendor take care of my spent alarm
> batteries.  No return, but no headache either.  The last couple years I
> have not been able to do that so the pile is getting pretty big.  I
> stopped by a local recycler and asked if they were interested in paying
> for them.  Yep. 3¢ per pound.  That won't pay for the fuel in my truck to
> take them over there much less my time.  What got me was the guy was
> practically rubbing his hands and chortling when he told me 3¢ per pound.
> So how do the rest of you guys get rid of your old batteries?
>
> There used to be a guy who would pickup car batteries listed on
> Craigslist, but I haven't seen him on for a while.  Still, figured it
> couldn't hurt to post an add to unload them on Craigslist see if one of
> the scrappers would be interested in them and would pickup.  Atleast if
> they pickup when they pay next to nothing it won't cost me money to
> dispose of them.

Hi Bob,

3¢ per pound??  Wow!!!  That would be great here if it could really happen.
I have been taking to local recycle station and drop off.  $0.00 in
exchange.
Minus my gas that is.  I recently thought the scrap yard would take them for
a small bonus to me.  Nooooooo they don't want them.  They only take Lead
Acid (Car & Truck) batteries and then pay something a pound for them.

I presently have a large load (25 or so) that really need to go.
I will box them up and ship them to you.  You can keep 2¢ and just
send me the extra penny.  :-)

Les