napco quickloader port in use

I was trying to get quickloader to use my laptops internal agere modem but =
I always get port in use error. I can query the modem in windows settings b=
ut ql will not even attempt to use it without that error. Is this because n=
apco needs a modem that can go 300 baud? I wanted to try using the internal=
 phone modem plugged back into a magic jack hooked to the same laptop to do=
 downloads on a 1000e (because of no local download port) panel in the fiel=
d with just a wireless connection. I have tried many different settings wit=
h no joy.