Re: napco quickloader port in use

<barnitos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:a08b3cc4-2577-46c3-8dd2-6af127c7a0ee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I was trying to get quickloader to use my laptops internal agere modem but
> I always get port in use error. I can query the modem in windows settings
> but ql will not even attempt to use it without that error. Is this because
> napco needs a modem that can go 300 baud? I wanted to try using the
> internal phone modem plugged back into a magic jack hooked to the same
> laptop to do downloads on a 1000e (because of no local download port)
> panel in the field with just a wireless connection. I have tried many
> different settings with no joy.

I have 100% failure with any attempt to use any modem that is not in the
modem list file.  I have not tried every modem in the modem list file, but I
have tried several of them and have had 100% success.  Is the brain damaged
WinModem in your laptop listed in the modem list file?

(Partial bus and onboard modems are WinModems and use system resources to
complete their functionality as opposed to external modems and some older
style full bus modems which are fully functional modems in and of themselves
with using system resources except to communicate with the system via the
bus.

---