Re: napco quickloader port in use

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:53:47 PM UTC-5, barn...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I was trying to get quickloader to use my laptops internal agere modem bu=
t I always get port in use error. I can query the modem in windows settings=
 but ql will not even attempt to use it without that error. Is this because=
 napco needs a modem that can go 300 baud? I wanted to try using the intern=
al phone modem plugged back into a magic jack hooked to the same laptop to =
do downloads on a 1000e (because of no local download port) panel in the fi=
eld with just a wireless connection. I have tried many different settings w=
ith no joy.

A magic jack is probably not going to work with any kind of downloading att=
empt.=20

Just settle for the fact that you need a modem that was designed to downloa=
d a Napco panel. Otherwise you're in for an "at random" hunt for the holy g=
rail. Through the years (many, many years) alarm installers have been looki=
ng for a cheap way to download alarm panels. If you really have to do this =
just to locally download a 1000e panel then go out and buy yourself the pro=
per modem and save yourself a lot of wasted time and trouble. Otherwise, ta=
ke 15 minutes and program the panel via the keypad. It's just about one of =
the easiest panels to program.