Re: ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior....

> On Monday, April 7, 2014 12:35:08 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior... or atleast
>> total
>>
>> carelessness.  I've taken to paying my bill on-line because I don't get
>> any
>>
>> bullshit about not receiving or lost checks that way.  I record the
>>
>> authorization number, and auto save the verification email when it
>> arrives.
>>

>> So now my bank contacted me telling me they tried to authorize a
>> duplicate
>>
>> transaction for the last payment.    Its was for a few thousand dollars
>> so
>>
>> it would have overdrawn my account.  If that hadn't been the case I might
>>
>> not have known about if for a while.  Ever have ADI owe you money?  I
>> have.
>>
>> It takes an act of congress to get it back.  They won't tell you or even
>>
>> send you a statement showing it either.  I think it took me nearly two
>> years
>>
>> to get my money back last time they owed me money.  If it wasn't for Vern
>>
>> doubt I would have ever gotten it.
>>

>> Even more interesting, I made the payment on the 18th of March (on-line),
>>
>> but it didn't hit my bank until Friday the 4th of April.  An odd delay
>> with
>>
>> a double charge really raises the hairs on the back of my neck.
>>

>> I am seriously considering that I might finally quit selling the few
>> items I
>>
>> can only get from them.  Its sad because sometimes they have really good
>>
>> sale deals on other things as well.  I can't afford them if they are
>> going
>>
>> to cost me double though.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bob La Londe
>>
>> The Security Consultant
>>

>> Licenses
>>
>> ROC103044 & RCO103047
>
> I used to do up to $30/$40K a year with them, Now it's down to about $10K.
>
> Mostly because they stopped carrying Napco. Or I should say that Napco
> dropped them because they wanted to big of a percentage. I started buying
> Napco elsewhere and got a better perspective on prices. Now I follow the
> pricing. Every thing is on sale someplace at one time or another. Just
> look for the sales on line or off. Buy a few more than I need at the time
> and keep a few in stock until the next time. I pay ADI on line with credit
> card so I never have a payment problem. Sometimes when I've returned
> something for credit and they bill me for it and haven't issued the credit
> yet, when I send in the payment I'll subtract the returned item from the
> payment. That confuses them for a couple of months but I just ignore it
> and then it goes away.

*** What I sometimes do use however is their project planning services. You
can get a lot of free information about product, troubleshooting and product
use, as long as you're an ADI customer. Just another tool if needed.

You mean they have people who actually KNOW the equipment specs and
operation?  All I have ever gotten in that regard is frustrated with some
saleskid who is trying to impress me with how much he knows, but is really
just more interested in making a sale.  How do I contact those people who
actually know something?