Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

Danny D'Amico wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:46:54 -0800, Oren wrote:
>
>> I'm not an accountant, but I suspect it has something to do with
>> the dollar bill?  $
>
> You're not kidding!
>
> I called Bosch/Radionics at 800-538-5807 who told me they have plenty
> of D2212B(LT) boards in stock (the LT, they told me, simply means it
> comes without the external transformer in the kit).
>
> But they can't sell them to me. They told me to go to Anixer or ADI.
>
> So, I call Anixer at 925-469-8500, who says they can't sell the board
> to me, due to their legal agreements. I have to get it from a contractor
> as a "pass-through" (whatever that means).
>
> So, this seems to be the path of the board:
>   Bosch/Radionics sells it to Anixer who sells it to the pass-through
>   contractor who sells it to me.
>
> I wonder what the markup is each time?
>
> Anyway, now I am looking for a "pass though" contractor, whatever that
> means. I mean, I realize it's an "installer"; but, I don't want an
> installer. I want a pass-through guy to just send me the board.
>
> What do I google for?
> (The Anixer guys couldn't tell me.)
>
> Now for the ADI guys ... 800.233.6261 ... ... they won't sell it to
> me either. I need a contractor's license. Sheesh.
>
> It's getting to be harder to get a stinkin' alarm system replacement
> board than it was to get garage door torsion springs! :)
>
> Does anyone know how I can find a "pass through" contractor?

Hi,
Run an ad on Kijiji saying you are looking for an alarm tech who could
help your situation. If some one respond, deal is no fix, no pay.
Lot of legit guys do a side job when he is off regular work.
I am lucky if I had a situation like that, just phone my old buddies
still on the job. They will send some one to help me out or give me some
thing I need. I retired from Honeywell. They have building protection
division.