Re: Win7 Compatibilty Mode

"Ant" <ant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dtSdnecapfmtpRTPnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 11/17/2013 9:47 AM PT, ABLE1 typed:
>
>> Not sure what that means??  How much written into what code.  The older
>> software code??
>>
>> I have a number of programs currently running on a WIN98SE machine that
>> is
>> having some issues.  Would like to upgrade to a new machine, if I can get
>> the software to run.  Never did a "compatibility mode" process so I am a
>> little skeptical that I might be wasting my time.
>>
>> Thanks for any hints or tricks.
>
> How about virtual machines like from VirtualBox, VMware, etc.?
> --

I know even less about a virtual machine.  As RTS pointed out there is a
challenge with the lack of a serial port.  It is one thing to just run the
software it is quite another to use the software as it was designed.

Wouldn't a Virtual machine be more of challenge than running under
compatibility mode??

Thanks,

Les