Re: Win7 Compatibilty Mode

RTS,  thanks for the thoughts.

"Keeping the old machine as long as possible"

I am concerned that "possible" has a new time limit.  Just bought two
"Really New" IDE HDD's to replace the existing that are failing.  Well one
has failed and the other has issues.

Concerning the serial port for the modem.  Had you tried a USB to DB-9
Serial Adapter??  I have one on my XP Pro Netbook and it works great on
newer XP rated software.  I have not tried on older WIN98 software.  Maybe
that would be a good thing to test somehow.

When I tell IT people that I am still running a WIN98 machine I get the
strangest of looks.  Some actually ask what 98Se is??  Too young to know
there was life before WIN7.  LOL

Again, thanks for any thoughts.

Les