Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Friday, March 22, 2013 7:24:25 PM UTC-4, Pa_Bound wrote:

 Two more thoughts for you. You could use some brass pipe over long lag bol=
ts to mount the box on the outside. Consider them as stand-offs of sorts. D=
oing this would allow the box to sit square to the wall and make it secure.=
 Just cut the brass pipe to length as needed. Use a piece of Conduit to pas=
s through the back into the wall to protect the cables. The other thought w=
ould be if you wanted to use a compound that can be found it the paint dept=
 at Lowes. It comes out of the tub in a very think past. Apply in layers be=
hind the box to fill in the opening giving a better look. It has sand in it=
 that gives the look of mortar or stone grout. Can't think of the actual na=
me but if you ask or look on the caulk or concrete fill or patch it should =
show up. It is a light gray in color. I am sure with all this thinking you =
will find something that will work. Posting pictures somewhere would be nic=
e. Les

Spacers would be ok and probably not be able to be seen from the ground tha=
t good either but I've got seven outdoor cameras. That's a lot of brass and=
 a lot of custom length cutting. Is that the stuff that they put down to ne=
st a tub in?
Or it just might be Quick Patch. I'd have to see how well it drilled and st=
uck to the textured brick.=20

All good things I'd have to look at on my next "Depot" run and to try out. =
=20

I just replaced my digital camera that I lost, so if I think of it I'll tak=
e some pic's. It'll be a couple of months.  I'll just have to have someone =
tell me how to post them so people in the group can see them.