Re: ADI - Policy of Bad Behavior

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:13:12 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I just received a call from somebody with ADI corporate, and we had a bit=
 of a verbal scuffle. When I told them what they said they said that was no=
t what they said, and then informed me that they were recording all the cal=
ls, and they would play it back to me. .. ... .... ..... Did that sink in y=
et? It took me a minute too. They are recording telephone conversations wit=
hout notifying you in advance or playing a recording notification tone. I'm=
 pretty sure that is illegal. Ok, more than pretty sure. Either the person =
on the other end is in the habit of lying to customers routinely, or ADI ha=
s a corporate policy of illegal behavior. -- Bob La Londe The Security Cons=
ultant PO Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366 (928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax ^ u=
nderscore Residential & Commercial Licensed and Serving Yuma Since 1994 ROC=
 103044 & ROC 103047

Ummmm , I doubt that they are ..... but here in NY, a third party cannot re=
cord the conversation of two other people but ........... as long a one per=
son having the conversation is aware that it is being recorded .... that's =
ok. And no notification is required.  ADI is there only if you REEEEEEALY n=
eed something that you can't get someplace else conveniently.