Re: home owner needs advice

ABLE1 Wrote:

>Graham,
>
>Thanks but no thanks.  I had a Linkedin account but dropped it about a year
>ago.  Never could get into it.  Then there were those that wanted to be a
>contact that were not even closely related to the alarm industry???  They
>just wanted add to there list of contacts so they could include in there
>resume'.    With respect to this social media stuff (facebook, etc.) some
>would say that I am more of a lone wolf that a social bunny.  I kinda like
>it that way.

Yeah, I get invites all the time from people outside the industry - I
always deny them.  I have about 60 contacts that are power players, VP's
and CEO's of manufacturers and distributors, plus alarmco owners.  I
always screen them before clicking "accept".

I never even considered adding my contacts to my resume, that would be a
violation of their trust.

I mostly lurk in the forums.  There is good stuff to be found, especially
if you need to contact a high-level executive for a particular company.

>Have a good weekend.

Thanks, you too.

~G

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin