Re: Arizona Alarm Association?

<arizonaalarmdealers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1f2cdebf-aa0f-4326-95a2-4563965837d0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:56:16 PM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
> That's one I haven't been tele-marketed by before.  Who the heck are they
>
> and are they any better than the other beer and bowling club?

There is a new kid in town that is standing up to these bullies. The new
association is the Arizona Alarm Dealers Association, non profit.

The Arizona Alarm Association actually is represented by more Police
Departments, than actual alarm contractors. This explains why they fight for
alarm permits for clients, taxes on monitoring and false alarm fines. They
have fought for years to bring City Licensing to cities across Arizona. They
also have fought for dual licensing at the State Level. They are a branch of
the National Alarm Association and their goal is to institute more licensing
requirements that create hardships for small companies and prevent new
business from entering the market place. We have fought back, fortunately,
since 1997. The legislation that the AzAA passed last year, was altered by
our efforts and changed HB 2748 from allowing any City to license alarm
companies, to not allowing cities to license alarm companies.

The Arizona Alarm Association actually has been fighting to allow
Municipalities to demand alarm company information WITHOUT A COURT ORDER.
They were successful at having the City of Tucson pass an ordinance were
alarm companies had to send a list of clients updated every month, hold all
records, both paper and voice records, for a year and supply any member of
the Police department information as requested within 72 hours of request.
Now is that insane? After we amended their bill last year, HB 2748, they
promised the Cities they would come back this year and change it back. They
brought forth HB 2185 which we had held in the Senate.

Last year, we created an association solely for Arizona alarm contractors.
The Arizona Alarm Dealers Association, www.arizonaalarmdealers.org, fights
for small government and broadening the industry via bringing in new
technology and education. Membership is $30.60 per year, based on 4 times
Arizona hourly minimum wage. Our membership has is expanding rapidly. (888)
303-3207 or visit our web site.

HuH????  A response to a posting from August 2012???

That's a bit odd.  Did I miss a memo or scuttle butt around the water cooler
or something??