Re: Arizona Alarm Association?

On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:56:16 PM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
> That's one I haven't been tele-marketed by before.  Who the heck are they=
=20
>=20
> and are they any better than the other beer and bowling club?

There is a new kid in town that is standing up to these bullies. The new as=
sociation is the Arizona Alarm Dealers Association, non profit.=20

The Arizona Alarm Association actually is represented by more Police Depart=
ments, than actual alarm contractors. This explains why they fight for alar=
m permits for clients, taxes on monitoring and false alarm fines. They have=
 fought for years to bring City Licensing to cities across Arizona. They al=
so have fought for dual licensing at the State Level. They are a branch of =
the National Alarm Association and their goal is to institute more licensin=
g requirements that create hardships for small companies and prevent new bu=
siness from entering the market place. We have fought back, fortunately, si=
nce 1997. The legislation that the AzAA passed last year, was altered by ou=
r efforts and changed HB 2748 from allowing any City to license alarm compa=
nies, to not allowing cities to license alarm companies.=20

The Arizona Alarm Association actually has been fighting to allow Municipal=
ities to demand alarm company information WITHOUT A COURT ORDER. They were =
successful at having the City of Tucson pass an ordinance were alarm compan=
ies had to send a list of clients updated every month, hold all records, bo=
th paper and voice records, for a year and supply any member of the Police =
department information as requested within 72 hours of request. Now is that=
 insane? After we amended their bill last year, HB 2748, they promised the =
Cities they would come back this year and change it back. They brought fort=
h HB 2185 which we had held in the Senate.

Last year, we created an association solely for Arizona alarm contractors. =
The Arizona Alarm Dealers Association, www.arizonaalarmdealers.org, fights =
for small government and broadening the industry via bringing in new techno=
logy and education. Membership is $30.60 per year, based on 4 times Arizona=
 hourly minimum wage. Our membership has is expanding rapidly. (888) 303-32=
07 or visit our web site.