Re: home owner needs advice

news:c0c1bd8a-f65b-428f-992e-66429e2f981f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday, May 31, 2013 11:07:03 AM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
 I'll never forget the feeling of awe I had one time that I went out to help
someone who called me because he couldn't find what was causing his system
to false alarm.

He did the prewire himself for his new home. Apparantly when he got the
panel, he looked at the hookup diagram and literally wired all the zones in
his system the way it looks in the diagram ... with one wire. That is ....
one wire was attached to terminal #1 and daisy chained in series to all the
contacts. When he got to the last contact .... he ran the wire directly back
to terminal #2 in the panel. And all the wiring was behind the walls.  He
used twisted wire and actually untwisted  it so it wouldn't be "wasted" He
was so proud that he had "saved" all that wire. I don't remember exactly how
it wound up but he didn't call me back to fix his system. I'm guessing that
I must have told him that it could take an hour or a day to find out what
the problem was.

Please let me be the first to say that there is a lesson in the above for
"all of them guys" that may read the above in the future.

I an not going to point it out.  If YOU are not sure what
the lesson is PLEASE do not ask anyone here.

LOL

Thanks,

Les