Re: home owner needs advice

On Friday, May 31, 2013 11:07:03 AM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
 Well, .... they'er always gonna be out there. We'll meet him again, no dou=
bt about it. >=20

Take my diy car maintenance. I have no idea what goes on under a hood but b=
y looking at what I need to change and how it's connected. I'll change out =
an alternator or stuff like that but I have never had the balls to tackle b=
rakes - I try to stay away from stuff that may prove fatal if I screw it up=
. The service supervisor at a previous company used to use a phrase he lear=
ned from a car mechanic - "I love guys to try to fix it themselves, I make =
a lot more money off of them."

I'll never forget the feeling of awe I had one time that I went out to help=
 someone who called me because he couldn't find what was causing his system=
 to false alarm.=20

He did the prewire himself for his new home. Apparantly when he got the pan=
el, he looked at the hookup diagram and literally wired all the zones in hi=
s system the way it looks in the diagram ... with one wire. That is .... on=
e wire was attached to terminal #1 and daisy chained in series to all the c=
ontacts. When he got to the last contact .... he ran the wire directly back=
 to terminal #2 in the panel. And all the wiring was behind the walls.  He =
used twisted wire and actually untwisted  it so it wouldn't be "wasted" He =
was so proud that he had "saved" all that wire. I don't remember exactly ho=
w it wound up but he didn't call me back to fix his system. I'm guessing th=
at I must have told him that it could take an hour or a day to find out wha=
t the problem was.=20