Re: CCTV supplier "unixcctv.com"- good prices, almost too good to be true

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:47:11 AM UTC-4, doug wrote:
> I have used this company for years, I use them for almost all my CCTV equ=
ipment. Products for the most part work as advertised Tech support is limit=
ed, but for the most part its not needed. They replace failed or unused equ=
ipment with out any problems. Cheap video baluns work as well as the more e=
xpensive name brand baluns (in my opinion) I have used about 50 or 60 of th=
e 9000 series capture cards and recently have used about a dozen of the Pre=
stige stand alone DVR's. Like most companies the advertised range of IR pro=
ducts is somewhat on the optimistic side. I haven't used the compressor so =
I can't comment on that. I have used hundreds of their cameras with a very =
low almost non exisitent failure rate. Currently I use the BX-614WDR and th=
e CP-164 for box cameras and the DT-604V & DT-614V vandal resistant domes.I=
 also use on occasion the eyeball IR domes. I don't use the outdoor housing=
s they show on their website. but they have a clamshell housing HO606 with =
a pass through bracket which is much better. I mostly pick up from their Co=
mmerce location, but on a few occasions when I have been working out of tow=
n, I have had them ship product directly to the job site and they have ship=
ped it promptly. I'm pretty sure they sell to anyone who walks through the =
door (which seems to irritate some people), since the recently relocated Lo=
s Angeles location is set up like a retail electronics store, the main ware=
house in Commerce is large & well stocked. I like them, but I know several =
people who hate them and won't do business with them anymore, partly I thin=
k due to attitudes(on both sides) and apparent retail sales to the public, =
also I think expectations may be too high, If you buy from them you are buy=
ing a low cost product, don't expect a hold my hand and kiss my arse Rolls =
Royce service. If you know what you want and don't need much guidance in ch=
oosing products which I'm sure you don't then I would say to try them out. =
Doug=20

Good review Doug. I've got a branch near me. I'll give them a try  sometime=
.

Thanks Graham.