Re: CCTV supplier "unixcctv.com"- good prices, almost too good to be true

I have used this company for years, I use them for almost all my CCTV
equipment.
Products for the most part work as advertised
Tech support is limited, but for the most part its not needed.
They replace failed or unused equipment with out any problems.
Cheap video baluns work as well as the more expensive name brand baluns (in
my opinion)
I have used about 50 or 60 of the 9000 series capture cards and recently
have used about a dozen of the Prestige stand alone DVR's.
Like most companies the advertised range of IR products is somewhat on the
optimistic side.
I haven't used the compressor so I can't comment on that.
I have used hundreds of their cameras with a very low almost non exisitent
failure rate.
Currently I use the BX-614WDR and the CP-164 for box cameras and the DT-604V
& DT-614V vandal resistant domes.I also use on occasion the eyeball IR
domes.
I don't use the outdoor housings they show on their website. but they have a
clamshell housing HO606 with a pass through bracket which is much better.
I mostly pick up from their Commerce location, but on a few occasions when I
have been working out of town, I have had them ship product directly to the
job site and they have shipped it promptly.
I'm pretty sure they sell to anyone who walks through the door (which seems
to irritate some people), since the recently relocated Los Angeles location
is set up like a retail electronics store, the main warehouse in Commerce is
large & well stocked.

I like them, but I know several people who hate them and won't do business
with them anymore, partly I think due to attitudes(on both sides) and
apparent retail sales to the public, also I think  expectations may be too
high, If you buy from them you are buying a low cost product, don't expect a
hold my hand and kiss my arse Rolls Royce service.

If you know what you want and don't need much guidance in choosing products
which I'm sure you don't then I would say to try them out.

Doug