Re: Looking for a Low Cost On Delay Timer

On 2013-08-21, Guv Bob <guvbob2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1jba199r3ropif879j9egfl40atou4jodi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Bob La Londe Wrote:
>>
>> >Check the specs of an Altronix 6060
>>
>> Or the 6062.  I think they are about $30.
>>
>> http://www.altronix.com/products/product.php?name=6062
>>

>> --
>>
>> They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
>>  deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
>
> Thanks guys.  Grainger has it for $30.   Before I head up there... this is not something that has to be done right away...   would putting together a circuit with this work?
>
> NTE955M Timer, (555 Type), 200 mA Iout, CMOS 8 DIP 1.20
> http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?sku=70215850

A transistor /amplifier Ic, plus a capacitor, and a few resistors should
do it. What time scales you you need? How fast does it need to switch on
and switch off? What voltage tolerance do you need? -- ie if it is 11V
out is that OK? What supply voltage do you have? Can the input drop to
zero before 5 sec and what behaviour do you expect in that case?
How accurate must the 5 sec be? etc