Re: Hybrid DVR/NVR??

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:47:18 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:rLHet.3449$zH4.914=
@newsfe13.iad... > "ABLE1" <nospamhere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message > news=
:_eEet.119561$JR.108992@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> Hey all, >> >> An=
yone using a good Hybrid that can handle at least 8 Analog cameras and >> X=
 number of IP cameras?? >> >> Basically looking for Mfg. and Model #. >> >>=
 Thanks and have a good day. >> >> Les > > The Pelco DVRs have the ability =
to add an adaptor for upto 16 analog > channels. I have not used one, but I=
 did spec one on a bid a while back. > Their per camera IP license is prett=
y steep though. The customer wanted a > large scalability in one unit, and =
the Pelco was the only one I found that > hit the mark. > > Yea, I was hopi=
ng to not have to deal with IP License issues. I thought there were some ou=
t there that you may have to pay a little more for the unit but there was n=
o issue with a license. Les

I've never  used one but Speco has a couple hybrid units.