Re: DSC 1404 zone doubling

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:16:38 AM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
> On Friday, April 26, 2013 7:12:07 PM UTC-7, mleuck wrote: > > I thought t=
he same thing, you are better off using a 1616 instead, I can't understand =
why anyone would release a panel that didn't do wireless these days OK, I'm=
 curious... why does this panel exist? I had a quick look at DSC's site... =
http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=3Dproducts&o=3Dview&id=3D1399 ...and see not=
hing about it that makes me want to use one instead of a 1616 or an 1832. A=
nd if the new keypad is the selling feature, I don't want one of those eith=
er... http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=3DProducts&o=3Dview&id=3D1400 ...it re=
minds me of the old (circa PC2550 or so?) keypads designed to be flush moun=
t into a single-gang electrical box. I can't remember the last time I insta=
lled a system with 4 or less zones. I definitely haven't thought I really n=
eed fewer zones, codes, keypads, partitions, events on the event buffer, an=
d possibly zone/PGM types. If anyone from DSC is lurking, please explain wh=
y I should use this panel rather than a 1616 or an 1832. Is this going to b=
e a $20 panel and you're just going for a low price point? If so, I'm still=
 not buying it. And remember, I prefer to use DSC panels. - Chris

I'm guessing most Mfg's have panels like this. It appeals to the "lickum st=
ickum) companies. When you're installing 20 free panels a day, 20 bucks per=
 panel means more. It's not about the security, benefits or features.