Re: DSC Equipment For Sale

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:51:39 PM UTC-4, Jim Rojas wrote:
 DSC transmitters are crap, crap, crap. Coverage is flaky at best. ITI or G=
E is good, but too expensive, and the tamper switches have a high failure r=
ate. Napco...forget Napco. They make too few wireless products to even both=
er with it. In my experience Honeywell by far makes the most reliable and w=
idest selection of wireless products. I have 64 zones on my Vista50PEN pane=
l. Not a hiccup in 8 years now. Battery life averages 2-3+ years. I buy bul=
k batteries on ebay for $1.00 each. Energizer & Duracell just cost too much=
 in the long run. They don't last any long than the bulk batteries I buy. J=
ust make sure the batteries you buy have date codes printed on them. -- Jim=
 Rojas Technical Manuals Online! http://www.tech-man.com 8002 Cornwall Lane=
 Tampa, FL 33615-4604 813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax Email: jrojas@tech-man.=
com AOL: rojas813 MSN: jimrojas@xxxxxxxxxxx Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 G=
oogleTalk: Rojas813@xxxxxxxxx

As you know I've used Napco equipment for longer than most people here have=
 been in business. If reliablility is what you want, I've had very few issu=
es with any of their products through the years. Wireless systems installed=
 out there for about 20 (maybe more) years. Hardwire going back close to 40=
 years.=20

What do you mean when you say they to few wireless products? =20

Door/window xmters including the newer slimline.( I think they have a reces=
sed xmitter) Wireless Motion detectors, glass break detectors, smoke detect=
ors, heat detectors, pendants, Keyfob's. 8/16/32/64 (and I think a 120 zone=
) panels. Keypad with built in receiver, at least a dozen various style key=
pads ...... What more is there?

The versitility of the programing of their panels meets every need I've eve=
r had. I've never had a problem that I couldn't solve with some inovative m=
anipulation of the programing features.=20

As we've discussed here many times, the programing isn't for the weak of mi=
nd but I see that they've got easier methods for those who haven't evolved =
with the product over the years. I don't use the newer programing capabiiti=
es that they offer, so I don't know how they compare to other panels today.=
 I haven't keypad programed a panel is so long I'm sure I've forgotten much=
 of the proceedure by now.