Re: DSC Equipment For Sale

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:22:12 PM UTC-7, Jim wrote:
>=20
> As I always say, DSC ...... cheaply made from compressed mud.=20
>=20

No, that's GE.  Especially the Allegro backplate, where the mud wasn't even=
 compressed enough.  Only having two screw holes wasn't smart (or adequate)=
 either.

The last generation of DSC keypads (LCD 5501's, etc.) were a design failure=
 though.  With the keypad being held to the backplate with two tiny plastic=
 tabs on the top and secured with one screw on the bottom... which took pre=
ssure off of the two tabs and made the keypad loose on the wall.  I've seen=
 many of these keypads where the top two tabs have broken off, leaving the =
keypad attached with only a single screw.

>=20
>=20
> DSC ..... never a product made that didn't need a recall or left on the m=
arket with a defect that they never notified anyone about.

I agree.  It's best to wait about a year before trying a new DSC product.  =
I'm still in the habit of bringing twice as many wireless parts as I actual=
ly need for a job.  Something about when the 433 Mhz wireless contacts firs=
t came out and there was a good chance it wouldn't work out of the box.  On=
 the other hand, I prefer DSC equipment over Ademco, GE, 2gig, etc.  No exp=
erience with Napco or the other "older" brands.

- Chris