Re: Lying Competition

On Monday, April 8, 2013 3:48:08 PM UTC-4, tourman wrote:
 RHC: Jim Rojas and I have worked together for years in unlocking boards. H=
e does the US and I do Canada. We have over the years exchanged "secrets" o=
f this nature, although I don't pretend to have the breadth of knowledge he=
 does on this subject. BTW, I don't release the lists of installer codes...=
I simply give out the codes to companies calling me directly, provided they=
 themselves are not on the list (if they are, they lock boards, and they ca=
n go to hell !! I won't give them anything but the one finger salute !!) Th=
e newest line of DSC panels (1616, 1832) cannot be unlocked because DSC del=
iberately further encrypted their panels internally...as one party from DSC=
 told me.."every board you unlock is one new board we don't sell"...So you =
have an industry wide situation that is totally self serving to all in it, =
except the eventual customer, who more often than not gets burned by someon=
e in the industry. Jim is correct; this honest, straightforward approach ru=
ns counter to the norm in this industry. But that doesn't make it just or c=
orrect; it just makes the industry and those in it who practice this disrep=
utable practice a little more dishonest than many of them already are... >

Hmmm I can see it now ........... a new marketing approach.=20

"We DO lock you out of your alarm system like all the other companies but b=
ut unlike them, we will unlock it in the future, should we no longer be doi=
ng business" .......=20

"So, let us do your installation because we are LESS Dishonest then our com=
petition."

Heeyyy ..... I like it! .... I like it!