Re: Lying Competition

On Monday, March 25, 2013 10:22:21 PM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
> Anyone here ever have issues with other alarm companies - door knockers o=
r real companies - trying to steal your clients by telling them you're out =
of business, etc.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Anything that should or shouldn't be done about them?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> - Chris

You are quite right ! Sometimes it seems as if some of the alarm companies =
are worse than the low life we are trying to protect our customers against.=
 Thank goodness they are in the minority; however there are enough of them =
that they can do quite some damage.=20

Up here in Ottawa, I like many companies, do our fair share of takeovers. O=
ne of the larger firms up here in Ottawa (Kodiak Alarms for one)with about =
10,000 customers, seems to be getting away with disreputable practices. ALL=
 their alarm boards are locked regardless of who owns them; ALL of their bo=
ards don't have any kind of auto test programmed in, so they never know or =
care whether their client's systems are working or not.With so many custome=
rs going VoIP today, this is an invitation to disaster !! I know this throu=
gh multiple takeovers,as well as talking directly to their installers.=20

There are so many others that I have comprised a list of installer codes fo=
r local companies that lock their boards, and I willingly give it out to an=
yone who asks. I figure that's the only ways to beat these lowlife companie=
s at their own game. If they don't lock boards, they're not on my list !!

Then we have companies like DSC that deliberately encrypt their newest line=
 of boards so they can't be unlocked...!!

Door knockers and others of their ilk will always be with us. For many, mon=
ey is always put before ethics in the way they operate. As long as customer=
s are stupid enough to believe you can get something for nothing in this bu=
siness, these guys will continue to flourish. It's been the same for the 20=
 or so years I've been in the business. I doubt anything will change any ti=
me soon....