Re: Check out how this comcast installer ran wiring

Back in the 1970's the owner of an alarm company in the Boston area
who did 99% commercial work, was recommended to put an alarm system in
a nice home.  With staple gun and 18/2 brown twisted, he brought up
the wires from the basement, through holes he drilled in the hardwood
floor at the bottom of the baseboard, stapled up the face of the
baseboard, onto the wallpapered wall, and on to the sill of the window
and attached a gray #39 Ademco surface-mounted switch and magnet.

After coming home at the end of the day to see the installers horrid
handywork, the homewoner complained about the exposed brown wires
stapled over his expensive wallpaper.  To which the installer replied,
"It's okay. When you wallpaper again, just run the wallpaper over the
wires!"

Referred by someone, I removed the brown handiwork, and fished
everything, after which I received much additional referral work.