Re: Check out how this comcast installer ran wiring

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:08:05 AM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
> > > Had a dentist's office whose IT contractor had stapled a blue wire in=
 a > meandering fashion along a white ceiling. > > When he got to a door, h=
e just stapled down the wall and through the > open door - which can't be c=
losed without pinching the cable. > I hired a young guy recently to help me=
 remodel my house. He nailed in a vertical 2 x 4 for a window frame which w=
as 1 inch further to the left at the bottom, than the top (not plumb - slan=
ting). I pointed this out to him and he said "What's the problem?" I said i=
t is going to look like hell after the drywall was up. He then proceeded to=
 argue with me that "Things are done this way these days, etc. Everybody do=
es work like that!" I said "Not in my house they don't". (I got more work d=
one without his "help" because I did not have to redo his work.)

Years ago I met an installer who's philosophy was: "It's OK to do a sloppy =
installation because you can fix it up later when you get called back for s=
ervice calls."=20

He was very smug about it too. Like he had discovered the secret to success=
.
=20
I was speechless. What could someone actually say in response to this? To b=
e polite ...."Keep up the good work"?  "Gee, I'll have to try that"? Or ...=
.. at the risk of having to spend hours explaining it ...... "You  DO  know=
 the differ between right and wrong .....  smart and stupid .... Don't you"=
?