Re: A New Holiday?

"Robert Macy" <robert.a.macy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:59ac7ebc-c1fd-461d-bceb-7efa8d5193d0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 10, 8:29 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:26:10 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> > And, I assume that you politely told each and everyone of them
> > to have a pleasant afternoon, right?? :-) "Bob La Londe"
> > <n...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> > messagenews:3Khds.6309$jy3.6266@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > National
> > Telemarketing Day > -- or -- > NPOASBO Day > > National Piss Off
> > A Small Business Owner Day > > Holy rusted metal Batman. I've
> > received atleast 15 calls this > morning. >

> If the AHoles can't hear anymore, they'll have to quit their job.

The DO NOT CALL LIST does not apply to calls to a business.  And
only the honest Telemarketer follow the rules.  (I know, that is a
Oxy-moron!!)  Currently I am getting calls on my Cell Phone for some
outfit that wants to put a "Free Security System" in my home.  Bla
Bla Bla.  Sadly I have tried to get to actually talk to a person but
they want me to leave a number for them to call back.  This would
release them since I am then requesting them to call.

A number of years ago I got a call at about 7:30pm on my business
line.  I answered as I always do when answering that line.  The
person on the other end said; "Good evening sir, Do you have a
security system in your home??"  To which, I said; "Why would anyone
answer such a stupid question to a person that they did not know??"
Then she said; "Well if you do not have a system we have a special
deal for you and if you do have a system we have different deal for
you."  I won't go into the rest of the conversation, just accept
that it was short.  30 minutes later and then 2 hours later the same
outfit called again.  If I could only have the ability to reach
through the phone and grab the idiots by the throat.

The problem is that people actually fall for this crap.  It nobody
did they would stop.

Sadly, it is part of our society and we just have to grin and bear
it or at least get some kind of satisfaction by blowing whistles in
there ears.

Hope all goes better for you.