Re: A New Holiday?

On Oct 10, 8:29=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:26:10 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> > And, I assume that you politely told each and everyone of them to have =
a pleasant afternoon, right?? :-) "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in=
 messagenews:3Khds.6309$jy3.6266@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > National Telemarketing D=
ay > -- or -- > NPOASBO Day > > National Piss Off A Small Business Owner Da=
y > > Holy rusted metal Batman. I've received atleast 15 calls this > morni=
ng. >

> I'm on the Federal Do not call List. Whata frikin laugh THAT is. There's =
hardly a day goes by that I don't get at least one call from the SOB'in "re=
duce your credit card interest" people. It doesn't make any difference if y=
ou press the "get off the call list" button, call them and ask them to take=
 you off the list, report them repeatedly to the Do Not Call List people. S=
cream at them, threaten them ..... They just keep calling and calling and c=
alling. I've put them on permanent hold, I kept them talking, making them t=
hink I was going to sign up with them and then telling them just before the=
 end that I just wanted to waste their time like they waste mine. I give th=
em wrong information, wrong credit card numbers, They just don't quit.

> I'd be real curious as to why the =A0.... so called ... Do Not Call list =
people can't stop them. Supposedly there's a stiff fine for each infraction=
, so these people have got some kind of gimmick that makes them immune ....=

> As of late, I recognize their number and just don't pick =A0up. They neve=
r leave a message. It's just annoying to be talking to a customer or right =
in the middle of something important and your phone rings and you pick up y=
our phone and you got to deal with this crap.

> I've tried a number of things and usually I can find something that works=
. But these guysev got me stumped.

> The only thing I have left to try is to take em down one at a time. Somet=
hing I used to do years ago when someone kept bothering me on the phone ...=
... I'd begin talking in a very low voice and eventually begin to mumble an=
d when they'd finally get to the point that they were listening reeeeeallly=
 close .... I'd blow a police whistle into the phone.

> If the AHoles can't hear anymore, they'll have to quit their job.

sady, the signal is peak limited and a whistle does not transfer as
expected.

It is my understanding that theDo Not Call list ONLY applies to
companies/callers originating in the USA. With today's off shore
everything that is now unlikely. It is also my understanding that
political information was purposely exempted by Congress when making
the Do Not Call List concept up. I wonder why they did that?