Re: A New Holiday?

On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:26:10 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> And, I assume that you politely told each and everyone of them to have a =
pleasant afternoon, right?? :-) "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in m=
essage news:3Khds.6309$jy3.6266@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > National Telemarketing Da=
y > -- or -- > NPOASBO Day > > National Piss Off A Small Business Owner Day=
 > > Holy rusted metal Batman. I've received atleast 15 calls this > mornin=
g. >

I'm on the Federal Do not call List. Whata frikin laugh THAT is. There's ha=
rdly a day goes by that I don't get at least one call from the SOB'in "redu=
ce your credit card interest" people. It doesn't make any difference if you=
 press the "get off the call list" button, call them and ask them to take y=
ou off the list, report them repeatedly to the Do Not Call List people. Scr=
eam at them, threaten them ..... They just keep calling and calling and cal=
ling. I've put them on permanent hold, I kept them talking, making them thi=
nk I was going to sign up with them and then telling them just before the e=
nd that I just wanted to waste their time like they waste mine. I give them=
 wrong information, wrong credit card numbers, They just don't quit.=20

I'd be real curious as to why the  .... so called ... Do Not Call list peop=
le can't stop them. Supposedly there's a stiff fine for each infraction, so=
 these people have got some kind of gimmick that makes them immune ........=

As of late, I recognize their number and just don't pick  up. They never le=
ave a message. It's just annoying to be talking to a customer or right in t=
he middle of something important and your phone rings and you pick up your =
phone and you got to deal with this crap.=20

I've tried a number of things and usually I can find something that works. =
But these guysev got me stumped.=20

The only thing I have left to try is to take em down one at a time. Somethi=
ng I used to do years ago when someone kept bothering me on the phone .....=
. I'd begin talking in a very low voice and eventually begin to mumble and =
when they'd finally get to the point that they were listening reeeeeallly c=
lose .... I'd blow a police whistle into the phone.=20

If the AHoles can't hear anymore, they'll have to quit their job.