Re: Colorado shootings: Police ‘sure as hell’ angry at booby trap

[xposted to alt.security.alarms]

Gunner Asch wrote:

><VBG>...your diversion is noted.  <VBG>
>
>In normal nomenclature..the bullet is considered to be the projectile.

True.  That's why I was very careful not to write 'bullets', but I still
got blasted! <g>  I was also counting what other junk (nails, etc..) he
may have thrown in there.

BTW:  Something just got me thinking.  I am still wondering about the
fire alarm.  You said normal mil/police smokes and tear gas stays low to
the ground, and I could see why that's desirable.

Do we know if he used mil/police grade smoke grenades or were they
improvised?

Also, wouldn't enough smoke from a few gunshots be sufficient to rise
and break the smoke beams?  I don't know how many particles (or their
size) are emitted in 'smokeless powder' - but I'm sure there is some.
I've always seen .233's shot outdoors, and never paid attention to any
muzzle smoke.