Colorado shooting - fire alarm

I wrote this in another group, but I'd like your opinions.  Someone here
may actually be in a position to get at the event logs.

----
I've serviced fire alarms in big cinemas like that.  The protocol is
pretty complex.  Once smoke is detected anywhere in the building *all*
of the projectors shut down, the RTU's are shut off, house lights come
on full brightness, emergency exit signs flash, elevators recall & lock
open, and a coded message -  "the siren tone" with voice egress
directions are announced on all speakers.  We spend a lot of effort to
make all that happen.

I want to know why the fire alarm didn't do that.