Re: Fake cameras?

On 7/23/2012 8:12 AM PT, Bill typed:

> In article <fMCdnb68ePrAwZHNnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> ant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>>
>> Do you guys use fake cameras around your homes? Does it really work to
>> scare off thieves? Thank you in advance. :)
>
> It depends on where you are located and what types of property crimes
> are going on in your area.

> In some lower crime areas, just sticking a few burglar alarm stickers
> around a house will send burglars to other homes without those stickers.
>
> But in some nasty very high crime drug addict areas, you would be best
> to install physical security such as bars on windows/doors and have a
> real security system and real cameras.

I don't see those around here like in the cities.

> You are best to consult your local police department and ask what is
> recommended. Also look at what your neighbors have, then have more
> security than they do.

According to CrimeReports, CrimeMappings, words of mouth, and alarm
signs, there are a lot of reported crimes. :(
--
"This is the ant. Treat it with respect. For it may very well be the
next dominant lifeform of our planet." --Empire of the Ants movie