Re: The first time in over 20 years.

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:04:11 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote:
>=20
> Most installs I never had attic rat.  I got quite good at reversing the
> bit, flip it and put a loop of wire back up.  I'd make it a goal to g=
> into the attic *once*, and grab all of them at once (with a Grabbit).

I just  use a lot of snakes. I find that with the "loop" wire attached to t=
he end of the drill bit, lots of times the wire wont slide through the hook=
 in the end of the grabit when you're trying to pull it and I've got to cra=
wl into the eave anyway or make a trip back down to loosen up or make the l=
oop bigger. With the snake, I "snap" it off the roof and the snake is long =
enough to reach where it's easy to grab or crawl. Although sometimes the ro=
of is too low a pitch to do that and the insulation too high to see the loo=
p. That's what happened with this job. low pitch roof, lots of insulation, =
so I had to make a stick with a long screw in it to pull back the insulatio=
n so I could see the loops.