Re: The first time in over 20 years.

Stupidity is its own reward I guess.
I know small guys make good attic rats, but do you pick your trainees by
size of cranium too along with overall body size?
It would take an awfully small head (and correspondingly small brain) to fit
into the wedge where roofline meets top plate, or an even smaller head where
joist and purlin meet.
But why use the snake? If you already have the bit though the hole, there is
a hole on the end of the bit most times that will allow you to attach the
wire there and pull the wire back down the hole; no fish tape needed.
I'll be sure to keep the one good eye I have left on the lookout for your
answer; That is as soon as I get this damn fish tape with the end hook
anchored to my otherwise empty eye socket to stop bobbing up and down link a
slinky, then I can keep my head otherwise stationary enough to be able to
read text on the computer screen again.

"Jim"  wrote in message

On Friday, July 20, 2012 9:26:47 PM UTC-4, Just Looking wrote:
> A flagpole is bad.
> What's worse is when the guy squatting in the attic is watching for
> the bit
> to come through, and while he is thinking the bit is coming up in front of
> him, the bit deflects a little too much, comes up where he can't see
> it, and
> then the bit becomes a 'hemorrhoid spinner'. The ironic thing is
> the
> 'hemorrhoid spinner' injury isn't a pain in the ass, but not
> so strangely is
> always a very large knot on the top of the forehead, occasionally with a
> few
> spiky splinters tossed in for good measure.
> One more reason not to do residential.
>
> "G. Morgan"  wrote in message
>
> Just Looking Wrote:
>
> >There's a name for that. It called the flagpole. It called that
> because it
> >looks just like a flagpole when you see a d'versibit and extension
> sticking
> >not so proudly through the roof.
>
> Yup.  That's what we always called them.  It was always so
> matter-of-fact too...  "Hey where is the bit?"... reply;
> "flagpole,
> asshole".

Whenever I've got a "trainee" with me I'll tell them to go and put their eye
up against the hole I've just drilled to see if they can see the snake
coming through.