Re: The first time in over 20 years.

A flagpole is bad.
What's worse is when the guy squatting in the attic is watching for the bit
to come through, and while he is thinking the bit is coming up in front of
him, the bit deflects a little too much, comes up where he can't see it, and
then the bit becomes a 'hemorrhoid spinner'. The ironic thing is the
'hemorrhoid spinner' injury isn't a pain in the ass, but not so strangely is
always a very large knot on the top of the forehead, occasionally with a few
spiky splinters tossed in for good measure.
One more reason not to do residential.

"G. Morgan"  wrote in message

Just Looking Wrote:

>There's a name for that. It called the flagpole. It called that because it
>looks just like a flagpole when you see a d'versibit and extension sticking
>not so proudly through the roof.

Yup.  That's what we always called them.  It was always so
matter-of-fact too...  "Hey where is the bit?"... reply; "flagpole,
asshole".